One of the most widely used gaming consoles available at present is the Xbox. Since its debut in 2001, the Xbox console has gradually enhanced and has competed with other gaming consoles such as the PlayStation and Nintendo. For an enhanced gaming experience on Xbox, it is necessary to log in using your Xbox account.
Sometimes, it’s possible that you might forget the password for your Xbox account. To overcome this issue, the following guide will demonstrate how to access your Xbox account by using the https //www.microsoft.com/link code. Continue reading to gain more information.
What is https //www.microsoft.com/link Code for Xbox
To access your Xbox account, you must input your email address and password. If you forget your Xbox account password, you can sign in using a different device. However, you must remember your Microsoft account login details because you will need to input them later.
Upon accessing https //www.microsoft.com/link, your Xbox gadget will generate a distinctive alphanumeric sequence that is required. In addition to logging in on Xbox, this method can be utilized to sign in on other Microsoft-supported applications and devices, such as Minecraft and Microsoft Surface devices.
How to Sign In to Xbox Using the Https //www.microsoft.com/link Code
Initially, you can attempt to insert the most recently recalled password for your Xbox profile. By doing so, you will be granted access to your account without requiring a confirmation code.
However, if you solely recall your Microsoft account, follow the following procedures down below.
- To launch the guide, simply press the Xbox button on your controller after turning on your Xbox console.
- Proceed to select your existing Xbox account. Navigate to Settings > Profile & System.
- On the following window, click on “Use another device” to display an alphanumeric link code on your screen. You can either take a snapshot of the code for future reference or just leave it displayed.
- On another device, access this link via your preferred browser.
- Type in the code you obtained from your Xbox console and hit “Next.”
- You will then be asked to provide your Microsoft account email, phone number, or Skype ID, then click on “Next.”
- Lastly, input your login credentials and click “Sign in.” If you’re using a trusted device and don’t want to re-enter login details next time, select “Yes” when prompted. This way, you sign in to your Xbox.
- Xbox will notify you that you are now logged in. Check this by returning to your Xbox console.
Alternatively, you can log in from your PC or mobile.
Recover your Microsoft Account Password on a Computer
If you encounter issues accessing your Microsoft account after entering the code, you can attempt to retrieve it initially. Fortunately, Microsoft provides an uncomplicated procedure for recovery that can help restore your account accessibility. Typically, all that may be necessary is password retrieval, especially if the email appears on your Xbox profile, to begin with.
To retrieve your Microsoft account password on a computer, follow these steps:
- Launch your computer’s web browser and navigate to the following URL.
- You will be prompted to enter the email address of your Microsoft account and then proceed by clicking on the “Next” button.
- After that, you must choose to receive a security code from Microsoft either via email or your linked mobile number.
- Once you have received the security code, enter it and create a new password for your Microsoft account. Be sure to type in the password twice.
It is crucial that your password consists of no less than eight characters and includes a mix of capital and lowercase letters, symbols, as well as digits.
For additional information on the recovery options for Microsoft accounts on Xbox and Xbox 360, please go through this article. Contact the Microsoft support team for further assistance.
How to Add a New Microsoft Account to Your Xbox Console
If you are unsuccessful in recovering your Microsoft account through the previous method, you have the option to create a new Microsoft account on your Xbox console. It is important to remember that this method is most suitable for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One models.
Let’s spice up your Xbox experience with a new Microsoft account! Here’s how to do it in a jiffy:
- To access the guide on your Xbox, press the Xbox button after turning on the console.
- Go to Settings and click on Profile & System.
- Select Add or Switch and choose the Add new option.
- Provide the required information by entering your new Microsoft account email address and hitting Enter.
- Type in your Microsoft account password and click Enter.
- Once you have read and understood the terms and conditions of the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statements, select I Accept.
- Customize your Sign-In & Security preferences to complete the sign-in process for your Microsoft account on Xbox.
In order to fully utilize your Xbox console, it’s essential to sign in to your Microsoft account. By doing so, all app and user data will be synchronized on your device. Additionally, you can purchase in-game and app content as well as enjoy premium subscriptions like Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass.
Hopefully, this article has assisted you in logging in to your Xbox account through the https //www.microsoft.com/link platform. Keep in mind that a Microsoft account is required to execute this login procedure successfully.